FOUR SEASONS LODGING RENTAL POLICY AGREEMENT
Your signature or online acceptance indicates that you have read, understand, and will comply with the terms of this agreement. In consideration of the monies received and mutual promises contained herein, the Owner of the property FOUR SEASONS COTTAGES hereinafter “Agent” does hereby lease and rent to Tenant the certain property described herein and under the following terms and conditions. Unit information, rental rates and other financial data is set forth in this lease.
Rates are subject to change until confirmed and do not include 6.75% NC Sales and 6% County Occupancy tax. Please note that we do not charge extra for linens and towels. Cleaning fee required per cabin.
Upon reservation, 50% of the rental rate is due at the time of the reservation. The balance will be due 30 days prior to arrival. An automated and secure email will be sent for easy payment processing as a reminder when payment(s) is/are due. We can only accept credit card, Pay Pal, and Venmo payments.
ALL RESERVATIONS MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO ARRIVAL/CHECK-IN DATE. A RENTAL/PET POLICY AGREEMENT MUST BE E-SIGNED PRIOR TO CHECK IN.
Guests are responsible for their entire confirmed stay. No refunds for early departure or inclement weather.
A security deposit OR insurance offered via any outside booking website is required for all rentals. Security deposits are held against the credit card in the amount of $300. The amount/charge will not be processed unless there is damage to the property or its contents (excluding reasonable wear and tear); violation of property policies; or extraordinary extra cleaning. The amount of damage cost may be less or more than the security deposit.
Your signature on the rental agreement and payment authorizes the owner to charge your credit card for any damages (except normal wear and tear) to the property or its contents, this includes excessive cleaning, excessive trash removal, tears and rips in upholstery, tears or rips in bedding, incurred during your stay or for failure to arrive on your check in date. You will be notified within 72 hours by email of your check-out date if all or part of your security deposit will be utilized and/or charged.
ARRIVAL/CHECK IN and DEPARTURE/CHECK OUT:
- CHECK-IN is from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM unless prior arrangements are made
- CHECK-OUT is at 10:00 AM. Please text 704-728-9866 if you need additional time at check out.
- Each cabin contains a lock box and code. A unique code will be sent to you via email about 48 hours (2-days prior to arrival), along with directions and address of the property. You will not receive this code until all final payments have been made. You will be provided one set of keys to the cabin. Upon departure please leave key inside cabin and lock the bottom lock on the door. If key is not returned on the day of check-out, you will be charged $10 for the missing key. Late check-outs will be charged the appropriate daily rate.
- 30+ days prior to arrival to cancel your reservation… A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation. You will receive a refund of the amount already paid minus the processing and administrative fee of $50.00. Instead of cancelling, please consider rebooking for another time – we like to have you as a guest.
- Less than 30 days notice to cancel your reservation… a diligent effort will be made to re-rent the property, the full rent payment will be forfeited unless the cabin is re-rented for the same time period. If the cabin is rerented and we are able to recoup your cancellation, we will refund your paid rental amount minus a $50.00 processing and administrative fee. We highly recommend the purchase of Trip Interruption Insurance, which covers many reasons for canceling. Click on www.insuremytrip.com for information on travel insurance.
- NO Shows will receive NO Refund.
All the cabins are furnished and linens are provided at no extra charged. Each kitchen has the usual appliances, no dishwashers in any of the cabins as noted on webpage. All kitchens are equipped with cooking and dining utensils for the maximum occupancy and garbage bags are provided for the proper disposal of garbage. Cabins are supplied with toilet tissue, hand & bath soaps, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, dish detergent; laundry detergent if that cabin has a washer/dryer. Each cabin has smoke detectors and emergency light incase of power outage. Please notify us immediately if they are not working. Guest must provide their own food and other necessities including extra paper products TP and paper towels. We are walking distance and less than one mile from restaurants.
3 of the 4 properties are located on a dirt road with paved parking. Parking is limited to 2 spaces for each cabin, please do not park anywhere else. If you need additional parking spaces, ask prior to arrival so we can make arrangements. PLEASE DO NOT USE NEIGHBORS DRIVEWAY FOR A DRIVE THROUGH OR TURN AROUND.
CARE & CLEANING:
Please respect our small business and our property by taking care of it as if it were your own. We take great pride in trying to accommodate and please our guests with as many amenities as possible to make your vacation home away from home, feel like home.
- Please do not rearrange the furniture or move any articles from their original position. If you do move things, put them back in their original position before departing.
- Each cabin has a cleaning fee however we ask for your help:
- Place all wet/soiled towels in shower stall or tub. If your cabin has a washer/dryer please start a load of bath towels only. Do not put quilts/bedspreads, sheets, pillow shams or blankets with wet towels.
- Wash all dishes, utensils, etc. and place back in cabinets were found.
- Clean stove top, microwave, coffee maker and grill.
- Remove all food items from refrigerator.
- Trash is tricky with bears and racoons so if it cannot be left bagged and in the house (because it is stinky), please text 704-728-9866 and let us know you have bagged stinky-trash on the porch – we’ll pick it up.
SMOKING IS PERMITTED OUTSIDE ONLY. If we find evidence or the odor of smoking inside any of our cabins, you agree to forfeit your security deposit of $200. Please be courteous and smoke responsibly outside. If any guest violates this policy, the owners may, at the Agent’s sole discretion, terminate this lease with no refund of the unused portion of the rents and may enter the premises and remove Tenant, the members of his party, and their belongings. Tenant is notified that they will be subject to an expedited eviction procedure pursuant to the “Vacation Rental Act.”
- Some cabins allow pets and a pet fee is required to bring a fur-baby into such properties.
- Guest/tenants must indicate they are bringing a pet (subject to domesticated dog and/or cat only)
- A pet fee is required at booking and is indicated by the cabin rented.
- There is a two-pet maximum.
- Any unregistered or non-booked pet/animal (an unregistered animal is a pet not described at time of booking) is subject to $40.00 per night rent + $ 100.00 pet fee.
Renters are the paying guests of Four Seasons Lodging owners. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss of the renter’s (including his guests) personal property. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND in a rental cabin is not the owners responsibility so please make every effort to collect all personal articles, cell phone chargers, etc. prior to your departure.
We are not responsible for weather or road conditions, power outages, acts of God, criminal activities, economic downturns, political changes, or any other activity, events or condition beyond our control. There will be no refunds, allowances, or rescheduling resulting from these conditions, except in the case of a mandatory evacuation, see below.
MANDATORY EVACUATION: If the state or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes a cabin rented by one of our guests, the guest shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, the guest will be entitled to a refund of the pro-rated rent for each night that the guest is unable to occupy the cabin because of the order.
Each cabin has a stated maximum occupancy, and you must consider all members of your group when making a reservation, including children. The number of residing residents must not exceed the number specified. If evidence is found indicating a violation of this policy, then the tenants will have violated the terms of the Rental Agreement and may be evicted without refund according to North Carolina expedited eviction procedures or a one-time $400 fee will be applied.
Tenants must be at least 24 years of age. Absolutely no house parties, fraternities, sororities, or school groups! Our cabins are rented to family groups and mature persons only.
PLEASE help us and report any inoperative equipment:
We will make every effort to have repairs done in a timely manner during reasonable hours. We will take measurable steps to ensure that your stay is stress free. However, mechanical failures of appliances, air-conditioning or heating systems are beyond our control and no refund or rent reduction will be given. It may be necessary for us to enter the rental cabin during reasonable hours of your stay in connection with the repairs, care or maintenance of the property.
Tenant acknowledges that they have reviewed and understand the terms of this lease/rental agreement and agrees to be bound thereby. Guest agrees to abide by all of the above at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the above rules at all times while at the property.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKING IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL AN ACCEPTED RENTAL AGREEMENT AND MONIES FOR SECURITY DEPOSIT/ OR BALANCE DUE ON INVOICE IS RECEIVED BY PROPERTY OWNERS.
*The following policies below apply ONLY to guests bringing pets*
LOSS OF ENTIRE DAMAGE DEPOSIT WILL OCCUR IF EVIDENCE OF A DOG(S) HAPPENS IN ANY NON-PET FRIENDLY CABIN.
Your signature/or online acceptance indicates that you have read, understand, and will comply with this addendum to the above agreement. It is hereby agreed that Owner/Agent will allow Guest/Tenant to have the following described dog(s) and no others in the vacation home upon and subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement and this addendum.
The permission granted herein shall be limited only to the certain dog(s) as described to Homeowner at time of booking. Dogs will be considered in Sundance and Evergreen Cottages only with PRIOR APPROVAL of Owner/Agent and if they are: housebroken, well mannered, friendly, over the age of 15 months and no larger than 50 pounds. Sorry absolutely no cats, no exceptions!
Guest/Tenant hereby agrees to comply to the following:
1. STANDARD pet fee is $50.00 PER PET/STAY. There is an additional pet fee of $25.00 PER PET for rentals ranging 4 or more nights.
2. All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation of rabies vaccine from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request).
a. May not exceed 50 lbs without PRIOR APPROVAL OF OWNER (Large dog pet fee is $75.00 per stay)
b. Must be at least 15 months of age or older
c. Must be spayed or neutered.
d. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
e. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heart-worm preventive is highly recommended.
3. All pets must be leashed at all times once leaving the cabin. Please bring bedding, crates or equipment essential for your pets safety.
4. The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property and is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse.
5. Pets are NEVER allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture will incur extra cleaning fees. Please bring bedding, crates or equipment essential for your pets safety. Please keep your pets off of the furniture. Because the fiberglass shower/ bathtub units are easily scratched, pets must NOT be bathed in the showers/bathtubs. The cabin is located on a gravel road so it is suggested that guests bring several old bath towels to wipe the pets paws after walking outside.
6. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. Please remember you are responsible for any damage and clean up of any excessive hair or accident your pet might have inside the cabin, repairs or fumigation for fleas.
7. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
8. Agent assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may occur to pets or humans while on the premises.
9. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on porch. We ask that when you are not at the cabin you take your pet with you whenever possible. If your pet is of the barking kind, and you must leave it behind, please leave it indoors, preferably crated, and the windows closed.
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Cottages for your vacation. We hope that you and your pet will have a wonderful time and will join us again!